Seven-line Supplication to Padmasambhava
In the northwest of the land of Oḍḍiyāna,
In the center of a blooming lotus flower,
Is the one with supreme, wondrous siddhi:
The renowned lotus-born Padmākara,
Surrounded by a vast retinue of ḍākinīs.
Following in your footsteps, I pray:
Please come and bestow your blessings!
GURU PADMA SIDDHI HUNG
This is the seven-line prayer to Padmasambhava (Guru Rinpoché) that we use to practice his guru yoga. See Lotsawa House for additional prayers to Guru Padmasambhava, the lotus-born Padmākara, who is credited with establishing Buddhism in Tibet.
- Seven-Line Prayer – Lotsawa House
- Accomplishing the Lama through the Seven-Line Prayer by Guru Chöwang – Lotsawa House
- Seven-Line Supplication to Padmākara – Nālandā Translation
- Padmasambhava – Lotsawa House
- Padmasambhava – Himalayan Art Resources
- Padmasambhava – The Treasury of Lives
The thangka painting with Padmasambhava at its center is the lineage of Khenpo Sherab Sangpo painted by his nephew in 2021.
Khenpo Sherab Sangpo has taught extensively on how to practice Guru Yoga. Watch Guru Yoga video teachings with Khenpo Sherab Sangpo on our YouTube Channel.